TRAINING AND EVALUATION:
Before continuing, you will need your ISRAE account set up which will give you access to the appropriate email and Google forms. You will not be able to access forms without a formal ISRAE email account.
Welcome to the HCP!
Your first task is to learn more about coding with the HCP for both aggregator and SSE coder positions. Below you will find a link to a google form which contains instructional videos for both positions. Please review these first before moving forward.
In order to ensure quality work and reduce anxiety on your part, your first week of volunteering will involve coding pre-selected accounts that we have already coded so we can guide your process and let you get the feel of interpreting and correctly coding. Attached below you will find a complete quiz containing 15 accounts that you can code with the SSE. This quiz is required for moving forward with either Aggregator or SSE coding work
When completed, email your supervisor, who will go over your accounts and make suggestions if needed, so don’t be worried about getting it perfect. We will examine your accounts during your first week, and pending suggestions, you will be off to the races mining, sourcing and coding your own accounts.
PROPOSED INITIAL SITES ON REDDIT FOR ACCOUNT MINING
Remember, we’re looking for true accounts. Ignore fan fiction accounts. At some point, we will purposefully collect faked accounts for comparison. For now, keep it real!
You are the first step of this coding process. The accounts you find and code will be used for SSE coders to categorize.
- Open the Google Form For aggregators. AGGREGATOR SUMISSION FORM
- Open up your web-browser to the site you are going to take accounts from.
- For each account, you will need to fill out the form. Remember to place your initials in the appropriate question area so we can keep track of who coded the account.
Remember, your goal is to collect and aggregate 20-25 accounts per week.
FOR SSE CODERS:
You rely on aggregators to further code these haunting accounts to the Survey of Strange Events.
- Open up the aggregator spreadsheet that contains all of the accounts the aggregators have pre-coded. This link will be sent to you over your ISRAE email account.
- Open up the Google Form for SSE coders SSE CODER FORM
- For EACH account, you will need to copy the cell that contains the account and paste it into your SSE Google form. Now review the account and follow directions on the SSE coder form.
- Remember to put your initials in the form question so we know who coded the account.
Remember, your goal is to also SSE code 20 to 25 haunting accounts per week.